1/2 x 250g packet Arnott's Nice biscuits (or any plain/sweet biscuits)
60g unsalted butter, melted
500g packet cream cheese, softened
2/3 cup caster sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
300ml thickened cream
1/2 cup caster sugar
1/3 cup pure cream
1) Grease a 6cm-deep, 20cm round springform pan, Line base and side with baking paper.
2) Make Caramel (see below pics)
A) Combine sugar and 1/4 cold water in a heavy based saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes/until sugas has dissolved (don't boil).
B) Increase heat to medium-high. Bring to the boil. Boil, without stirring for 5-6 minutes or until mixture is golden. Remove from heat.
C) Carefully add pure cream.
D) Stir to combine. Cool
3) Meanwhile, process biscuits until fine (no chunks). Add butter, mix until combined. Press mixture over base of prepared pan. Refrigerate.
4) Beat cream cheese until smooth. Add sugar and vanilla. Beat for 3 minutes.
5) Add cream, beat for 5 minutes or until mixture is thick.
6) Spoon into prepared pan. Smooth surface.
7) Drizzle caramel, swirl through caramel with skewer.
8) Cover with plastic wrap, then foil. Freeze overnight or until firm.
9) Stand at room temperature for 10 mins to soften. Transfer to a plate. Serve.
hi darling...lovely looking caramel....
hi mum :)
the cake it quite yummy! next time make for you guys in a smaller portion :)
Post a Comment