Friday, December 31, 2010
Thursday, December 30, 2010
A bunch of us got together and celebrated Christmas eve.
We made it into a potluck style, where we're to bring a dish.
Guess what I brought?
Desserts of course!
All you need are:
Meringue Kisses (Coles sells them) - crush/break with your hands
Fresh Mangoes (chill) - slice and chop them
Passionfruit sauce (chill) - I used passionfruit sauce with yogurt, because that was all I could find at the supermarket.
Pistachios - grounded
Whipped Cream (chill)
1. Assemble layer by layer - alternating.
2. Leave the chopped mangoes at the end for the top.
*best served chilled, so only assemble when you're ready to eat.
(Chill - Mangoes, Passionfruit sauce and Whipped cream)
*if you don't like Yogurt (i scooped out more passionfruit sauce than yogurt), you can use Mascarpone cream or just buy Passionfruit sauce - Victoria Basement sells them.
Wednesday, December 29, 2010
A fan of Peanut Butter?
Yes, ME ME ME!
Did you know that you need about 550 peanuts to make just a jar of Peanut Butter!!?
OMG, that's crazy loads of peanuts, don't you think? just to make a JAR! And I just go through em' like there's no tomorrow..
Sunday, December 26, 2010
I've been meaning to blog..but I have been so extremely busy lately...
Hope everyone had a Merry Merry Christmas yesterday!
Here are some photos from yesterday's Xmas Party that we hosted at our place for the very first time.
We had 2 different tables..one was for the savoury food and the other; sweets.
Savoury: Salt & Pepper Calamari, Garlic Chilli Prawn skewers, Chips, Fried Wanton, and Salad
Sweets: San churros, Macarons, Oreos Slice, Mini Rockers, Daim Chocolates, Gum Balls, M&Ms, Gold Coins, Doritos, Santa Chocolates, and BBQ Crackers
(There was more food, but I was too busy running around, that I forgot to take a picture)
Salt & Pepper Calamari
Garlic Chilli Prawn with zucchini skewers
Wanton served in Pop Corn box
Grilled Garlic Chilli Prawns
Snowy Snickers Pie
A little something for the guest to take home
Merry Christmas Everyone! Thanks for coming :) Hope everyone enjoyed themselves!
It was a great one!
Monday, December 13, 2010
Tuesday, December 7, 2010
Have you ever made a batch of cupcakes or muffins and it doesn't turn out the way it should?
Don't worry, I know how you can save it! Don't throw it away...
Here's what you need:
Liquid or something that would help to stick (melted butter, melted chocolate, beaten cream cheese, maple syrup, etc)
Biscuit crumbs (any type)
Here's what I did...
1) Break it the cake/muffin into pieces/mash them.
2) Mine was a little crumbly, so I added maple syrup. Do make sure not to over add, add just enough for it to stick together.
3) Line a springform cake tin.
4) Make a biscuit base (any biscuits, crush finely add melted butter) and pour into the tin to set in the fridge.
5) Heat up some cream till it simmers. Add to chocolate, let it sit for a minute before stirring until it melts. (Making ganache)
6) Start layering with a layer of the cake base on top of the biscuit base.
7) Add a layer of ganache. Let it set in the fridge for about 15-20 minutes.
8) Repeat step 5 and 6 until you've finished using all. End with the chocolate ganache.
9) Decorate with M&Ms.
10) Keep in the fridge until ready to serve.
Hope it wasn't too hard for you to understand.
Sunday, December 5, 2010
So last weekend, we were invited to a Christmas BBQ lunch. It was a really good meal! We thoroughly enjoyed the delicious food, courtesy of Mrs. Cynthia Black.
Check out what's cooking on the BBQ pit!
Some Italian Sausages, Lamb and some chicken sausages...
What a refreshing salad...
Friday, December 3, 2010
I know it has been a while since I last posted something up. Please be patient with me. I've been fairly busy lately.
Anyway, it's TGIF! So what do you have planned for the weekend??
Xmas is around the corner another 21 days left! HOHOHO
Have a great weekend everyone! :)