I've quit my job.
I am taking this time off to clear my head and to decide what I want to do in life.
you must be wondering what is this... hehe
I made tiramisu :)
Here's what you need:
Tiramisu Dessert (makes about 7-8 wine glasses)
3 egg yolks
3 egg whites
75g caster sugar
3 tbsp marsala wine
1.5 tsp vanilla essence
1 tbsp coffee essence & 1 tbsp rum essence (if you have brandy and kahlua replace the essence instead)
16-20 finger sponge
3 tbsp espresso coffee + 250ml hot water
1) Make coffee, cool. Once cool, add marsala wine, vanilla, rum and coffee essence. Set aside.
2) Beat egg yolks and sugar till you reach a nice consistency/ribbon stage. (If you prefer not to have this raw, put on a double boiler, but do not cook the yolks, just heat it up is fine.
3) Add mascapone into the egg yolk mixture till combined
4) Whip the cream till soft peak. Add into mixture by folding till just combined.
5) Beat egg whites till soft peak. Add 1 spoon into mixture by folding, this makes the batter lighter and makes it easier to fold in the rest. Once the egg whites are folded, fold the remaining egg whites till just combined.
6) Dip the finger sponge for 2 secs and place it at the bottom of your dish plate/wine glass. If it doesnt fit, break it to fit. *make sure not to soak the fingers too long otherwise it'll break.
7) Put a layer of the mixture to cover the fingers properly. Put a layer of the shaved chocolate and continue with finger sponge and ending it with the mascapone mixture. Sift cocoa powder and shaved chocolate on top.
8) Chill in the fridge for 3 hours at least.
This can be kept up to 3 days and should be eaten chilled.
Best of luck with what you do Mae! I'm sure you'll be a success! :D
Thanks Lorraine! :)
my favourite tiramisu. Yummy yummy yummy... :)
hehe..!! have you tried making it before?
Post a Comment