Over the Christmas holidays, I made some Gingerbread cookies.
I took a few recipes from taste.com.au and modified it into my own version.
All you need are:
50g butter, softened
1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1/2 cup golden syrup
2 cups plain flour
1/2 cup self raising flour
1 tbs ground ginger
3/4 tbs ground cinnamon
1 tsp bicarbonate soda
All you need to do:
1. Bear butter and sugar in a bowl until pale and creamy.
2. Add golden syrup and egg yolk, beat until combined.
3. Sift in the flour, ginger, cinnamon and bicarbonate soda.
4. Stir mixture until...
5. ... it forms into a dough. Knead until smooth on a lightly floured surface. Shape into a disc. Cover with cling wrap and refrigerate for about 30 minutes to rest.
6. Roll it out about 4mm thick. Dust your cookie cutter in flour, and press on dough to shape cookies.
7. Bake at 180 degrees, about 10 minutes or until brown. Let it cool completely on cooling rack before icing.
8. Once cooled, decorate!