I have been meaning to do this for a while now. I have been receiving lots of emails asking me questions about myself and my blog. Here are a short list of compiled ones. I will be answering more questions as we go on.
1) What is my favourite thing to bake?
I love eating cheesecakes, so that would be my GO-TO item to make, but I enjoy making cookies too.
2) Where do you usually get inspiration in your baking?
I wrote a post on a few of my favourite food blogs that I check out for inspiration.
3) How often do you blog a week?
At this stage, just twice a week, every Wednesdays and Fridays. Recipes , randoms and Did you know? are usually posted on Wednesdays while Sweet Findings will be on Fridays.
4) Where have you done your field work as a pastry chef?
I have worked in La Renaissance and Adriano Zumbo. Now I am solely dedicated to Passionatemae.
5) How often do you usually bake?
If I'm lucky and really in the mood, I may bake every second day...otherwise once a week :) When I first started my blog, I used to bake EVERY SINGLE DAY!
6) Are you planning to post up any videos on recipes or bake-alongs on your blog?
Yes, once I get my nerves sorted out. I will surely do :) Meanwhile, I am figuring out how to film myself and which gadgets to use.
7) There are a lot of yummy goodies on your blog and your social media (Facebook, Instagram), do you take orders at all? Can I actually order goodies that I find on your blog?
Yes, you can order any goodies found on my blog or social media, or if you have something else in mind, feel free to shoot me an email - email@example.com
8) Where do you usually buy your books from?
Book depository is where I usually buy my books, they provide free shipping worldwide and the books are priced well. I use a tool online; Booko, which compares book prices from various online sources.
9) What made you start Passionatemae?
It all started in 2008, I was bored with my job and needed to find another way to channel my energy. I started Passionatemae so that I am able to access my recipes or tips online anywhere and anytime, without having to bring my notebook with me everywhere I go.
10) Are you planning to branch out from your baking?
Indeed, besides baking, I love cooking, fashion and home decor! and...my dogs. Have you seen my puppy?
11) What do you usually do during your free time besides baking?
Besides spending time with my husband and puppy, you will find me shopping online or looking at ideas on home decor.
12) Where are you based?
I am based in Sydney, Australia.
13) Was going to Pastry school worthwhile?
Yes, it was, as I got to learn about the science behind all things baking in pastry school. It helps me to understand better why things are done a certain way.
14) If you could eat anything everyday, what would it be?
Hmm...that's a tough one...but I know I love eating BRIOCHE! So, I would say that. It is so versatile, you can do so much with brioche!
15) Which is your favourite cookbook?
It is hard to pin-point one...but my current favourite is Flour by Joanne Chang. Otherwise usually I will look at Baking Handbook by Martha Stewart, Chewy, Gooey, Crispy and Crunchy Cookies by Alice Medrich and Kitchen by Nigella Lawson.
More questions to be answers next time! Thank you for sending in all your questions. So keep sending in your questions to me via my blog, social media (Facebook & Instagram) or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Happy Hump Day! :)
Wow, you've worked in La Renaissance/Baroque? Nice :) This is my favorite bakery. There was a cake/brioche I loved there, the tropézienne... But for some reasons, they've stopped doing in! I tried to make my own but haven't managed to yet!
Hey Olivia, yes I did, I worked directly under the head pastry chef :) their Pistachio Roulade is really yummy too!
Hi Passionatemae, do you make macarons? I love eating them but the ones from Adriano Zumbo is too sweet.
Yes, I do.. http://www.passionatemae.com/2011/05/australias-biggest-morning-tea-charity.html
Post a Comment