Hands up if you love eating cheesecake?!
I LOVE eating cheesecakes - the baked ones!
It is one of the easiest cake to make.
Whenever I feel like making something, but don't want the hassle of a too complicated recipe, I make a cheesecake!
I have made so many different variation of a cheesecake!
Cookies and Cream
Peanut Butter & Nutella
My favourite pick would be the Cookies and Cream! Actually I pretty much like everything that's Cookies and Cream, the crunch of those Oreo cookies! YUM!
So here's how to make my version of a Baked Cheese Cake - Cookies and Cream
Here's what you need:
3/4 pack of Digestive Biscuits (crumbs!)
70g of butter (soften/melted - it doesn't really matter, as long as you can mix it properly with the crumbs)
250g Philladelphia Cheese Block - soften/Spreadable Tub)
1/2cup of Caster Sugar (depending what's going into your cheesecake - you may want to reduce it, unless you want your cheesecake to be on the sweeter side)
1tsp vanilla extract
1 packet of Oreo cookies
Here's what you need to do:
1) Pre-heat oven to 150 degrees - I add a container of water on the bottom rack - to give moisture when baking.
2) Blitz or smash those Digestive biscuits into sand like - add the butter and mix it until you get a wet sand consistency. Press it to the bottom of the pan! Keep in fridge until needed.
3) Stir/Mix the cream cheese until you get a nice smooth consistency with a wooden spoon, add the sugar - mix.
4) Mix in the egg until properly distributed. Add the vanilla in and mix.
5) Now it is time for the cookies - break it into pieces 1/4 pack - to mix into the batter.
6) Pour into the prepare pan that has been lined with the biscuit base. Crumble the rest of the Oreos and sprinkle on top of the batter.
7) Bake for about 20-25 minutes until it is soft to touch.
8) Let it cool before keeping it in the fridge - chill for at least 2 hours before eating!
Say CHEEESE!! :)