Here's some step by step photos that I've taken for you to see.
1) Make a well in the middle of the flour
2) Break an egg in the middle
3) Bring some flour from the sides to the center to mix with the egg
4) It gets pretty messy, mix together until it looks like a dough
5) Continue to knead it until it becomes a smooth dough
6) Use the pasta machine to turn the dough into the kind of noodles that you want. I chose linguini style.
7) Boil in hot boiling water, it cooks slightly faster than those store bought pasta
We chopped up some vegetables to stir-fry with our chicken.
We are also thought to think of how to plate up our dish.
This is my plated up dish - Pasta noodles with stir-fry chicken and steam buk choy
We also made some apple compote, it is also known as fruit stew by using a cartouche to keep it from drying out. The compote is also cooked with some cinnamon, clove, white wine, lemon juice and sugar. The best is to use green apples as it holds its shape better. The apple compote is to be used to make steam scone dumplings in the next lesson.
Apple Compote covered with a cartouche
Hope you're enjoying as much as I do! :)
Post a Comment