Wishing everyone Happy Easter and as well as Happy April Fool's day :)
I've made some Chocolate Chip & Raisins Hot Cross Buns :)
Try them, it is easy.
Let's celebrate Happy Easter with some Hot Cross Buns!!
Recipe (adapted from WatchMojo)
4 cups All Purpose Flour
1/3 Cup of Sugar
1 satchet / 0.25 Oz Active Dry Yeast
1 1/4 tsp Ground Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Salt
1 Cup Fat Free Milk
1/4 Cup Butter
1/2 Cup Raisins
1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips
1. Combine 2 cups of flour, sugar, salt, yeast and cinnamon in a mixing bowl.
2. Heat the butter and milk in a saucepan on gentle heat, Stir, when the butter is completely melted, it is ready to be removed from the heat.
3. Combine milk into dry ingredients, beat until just moisten.
4. Beat the 2 eggs, until smooth.
5. Add the raisins and chocolate chip, stir to mix and the remaining flour to form a soft dough.
6. Turn over the soft dough on a lightly floured surface, knead until it is smooth and elastic. (Should take 6-8 mins) or you can use the dough hook at speed 2 until smooth and elastic.
7. Spray a bowl of non-cooking spray, put your dough in the bowl and turn the other side, so that both sides gets coated.
8. Cover with a damp cloth and leave to rise till double in size. (Should take 1 - 1 1/2 hours)
9. Cut into 16 small balls. Roll and place it in a greased baking tin. Use a knife to cut a "cross" on each dough.
10. Cover with cloth and let it rise until double in size again. (Should take 30-45 mins)
11. Once risen, beat an egg yolk and 2 tbsp of cold water. Brush the top of the buns with the mixture.
12. Bake in 190C for 15-22 mins or until golden brown.
13. Place on wire racks to cool.
1 1/2 cup Icing Sugar
2 tsp lemon juice
1. Sift icing sugar and beat them together.
2. Pipe "crosses" on top of the cool buns.