So it has been a while since I last posted up a recipe!
pic by mastersathelete
I am so happy to share this one with you all! You may have heard/seen/tasted/made it before, but have you heard of a Watermelon cake!
Yes, the cake = watermelon! It is so fresh and juicy! Such a clever idea. The person who first came up with the idea, is a GENIUS!
So here is my take on it.
Get yourself a HUGE watermelon or Medium size one, I guess it depends how big you want your cake to be. I got myself a GIANT one, I should have taken a picture holding it, but I forgot and I wouldn't be able to even carry it STILL enough to take a clear picture.
The hardest part for me was shaping the watermelon, thank godness, my husband helped me! I have such bad knife skills :)
Here is what you need:
Strawberries - you can use other fruits/anything else
Blueberries - you can use other fruits/anything else
Almond Flakes - 1 packet of 200g or so
Thickened Cream - 300ml
Icing Sugar - 15g
Here is what you need to do:
1) Roast your almonds on a dry pan over the stove, you know it is ready when the oil starts coming out of the nuts and you can smell the nuttiness. Leave it to cool completely!
2) Cut your watermelon - remove all the outer layer and shape it into the shape you want it to be.
3) Whip up your cream with 15g of icing sugar until firm peak - so that it holds its shape.
4) It is time to ice your watermelon, cover it completely.
5) Start decorating!
6) Keep in the fridge until it is time to eat, do not leave it out for more than 5-10 minutes as the icing will start to melt
7) Do not make it more than 1 day ahead, otherwise, the watermelon juice will start going all over!
Happy Watermelon-ing! :)