The other night, we had a Surf n Turf with Beer Sauce for dinner, recipe by using Carotino oil.
You can also view the recipe at Carotino's website - look for 'Ultimate Aussie Surf 'n' Turf with Beer Sauce., they have other recipes there too.
Anyway, here's the recipe. It's a great Summer dish especially when Summer is approaching!
Note: For best results it is highly recommended that you use these BBQ Cuts:
Fillet Steak, Scotch Fillet or T-bone (one per person)
Medium to large peeled and de-veined green prawns (3 per person)
1 tablespoon Carotino Oil
3 crushed garlic cloves
2 tablespoons Carotino Oil
½ cup brown sugar
1 onion finely minced
100 ml chilli sauce
2 teaspoons soy sauce
3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
125 ml Lager beer
Beef (for scotch fillet medium-rare)
1. Remove meat from refrigerator (cover with cling film) an hour before cooking to enable the meat to reach room temperature
2. Season meat with salt and pepper.
3. Brush both sides of meat with Carotino oil.
4. Add meat to a "sizzle hot" bbq grill plate.
5. Place meat at 90 degrees and cook for 1 1/2 minutes.
6. Rotate meat 45 degrees (This will create the classic diamond grill marks on the meat) and cook for another 1 1/2 minutes.
7. Turn meat over and place uncooked side at 90 degrees and cook for 1 1/2 minutes.
8. Rotate meat 45 degrees and cook for another 1 1/2 minutes.
9. Remove from grill, place in a dish and cover with foil. Allow to rest for about 2 minutes.
Note: Cooking time will vary according to the thickness of the meat and how people like their meat cooked; whether rare, medium-rare or well done.
1. Combine Carotino Oil, crushed garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
2. Add prawns to bowl and coat well.
3. Place prawns on a "sizzle hot" bbq grill plate.
4. Cook about 2 minutes on each side until prawns turn white (Do not over cook)
1. Combine Carotino oil, brown sugar, onion, chilli sauce, soy sauce, mild mustard, lager beer in a saucepan and bring to boil. Simmer for 1 minute.
2. Season with salt and pepper
Yum, looks great.. seafood and steak!
thanks Thang! it was really yummy..tried it sometime.. :)
That looks much nicer than other surf and turfs that I have seen Mae!
Thanks Lorraine! :)
Sharing a great information about Ultimate Aussie Surf & Turf with Beer Sauce.................
Hi Harrigansturf : no worries. Thanks for visiting .
Post a Comment